Sunday, August 1, 2010

Osha

Osha has fined my boss 6,000 dollars for his infractions. I never did see anything posted on the wall. I hear that originally they were going to fine him upwards of 10,000 dollars. I'm guessing that means that my workplace WAS unsafe. And OSHA backed me up by fining him. BUT: he hasn't fixed anything.
I wonder how long he can get away with not fixing it. I'm going to e-mail the gal that came to inspect and tell her that things didn't change one iota. At any rate, my boss is putting in new air conditioning units IN THE DINING ROOM. Nothing in the back. So it will get busier in there, people will flock back once we get a/c. BUT I'll be hotter, and have no where to cool off because the dining room will be full. *sigh*
The pizza place I'm working at on the weekends is so much cooler. It's not cool that they won't let us have anything to eat. And we can't really wear shorts. But it's air conditioned. They made some noises about putting me at 32 hours a week but that's not enough. They want me to quit my diner job, so I can do 32 hours at the pizza joint, but they won't put me full time due to then I'd get benefits. The only way to go full time is to go to another location. I told the manager, "I'm just trying to survive here : I can't think that far ahead. " She seemed to understand. I told her I'd go to one day a week at the diner. If that's what they want. 32 hours at the pizza joint, one or two days at the diner. I hate that my boss put me in this position due to not taking care of the A/C two summers ago. He has no idea what turmoil my life is in just because I can't physically stand to work at his job the five days I week I was doing because it is too hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment